I bought an Amazon Fire 7″ tablet when it was first released last year. It cost a mere £50, and I wanted to try it out. I returned it after a week, since it really wasn’t very good.
Today, I received an email from Amazon, saying that:
in rare cases, when the power adapter included with the UK Fire 7″ and UK Fire Kids Edition 7″ tablet is pulled from the wall socket, the adapter assembly may detach and create a risk of electrical shock.
If you have one of these devices, be careful. If you don’t receive this email from Amazon, get in touch with them. According to the email, this seems to be limited to the UK edition, but do check if you bought a fire tablet in another country. It also seems to suggest that it only affects the 7″ tablet, but my guess is all the models use the same adapter, and the email was tailored for my specific purchase.