In previous versions of iOS, playing an album or playlist was simple. You’d find the item you wanted to play, then tap its artwork, where there was a BIG PLAY BUTTON.
But in iOS 10, there is no Play button. Here’s what you see when you view an album on an iPad:
And when looking at a playlist, you see this:
Neither of these screens shows a play button. Tapping the album artwork does nothing. The only play control you see is the Shuffle All text; and not everyone wants to shuffle their albums.
You can start playing an album or playlist by tapping the first track. But it seems a lot more logical to have a big Play button that is a visible target. I think Apple just forgot this; I can’t imagine that they would have removed the Play button from the Music app. We’ll see in the next update.
Want to know more about the iOS 10 Music app? Check out these articles:
- How to Find the Shuffle and Repeat Buttons in the iOS 10 Music App
- Use Optimize Storage in iOS 10 to Automatically Clear Unplayed Music
- hidden delete button in the iOS 10 Music app
- How to Sort Songs in the iOS 10 Music App by Title
- Star Ratings Are Indeed Gone in iOS 10 Music App; But There’s Still a Way to Rate Your Songs
- How to Use Up Next in the iOS 10 Music App
- How to Shuffle Only Your Music in the iOS 10 Music App
- iOS 10 Music App Only Displays Lyrics for Apple Music Songs
- No More Genius in the iOS 10 Music App
- Control Music Playback from Control Center on iOS 10
- Apple Seems to Have Forgotten the Play Button in the iOS 10 Music App
And learn What’s New in iTunes 12.5.