When Take Control Books ran a customer survey last summer, asking which Apple software products people would most like to read about, Siri got the most votes. In keeping with their theme of giving you what you’ve asked for, they are delighted to announce our latest book, Take Control of Siri by former Macworld editor Scholle McFarland! This book is the definitive guide to Apple’s voice-controlled digital assistant across all platforms–iOS, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and even HomePod. If you own any Apple device with Siri support, this book will tell you everything you need to know about being more productive, saving time and effort, and having fun with Siri. And you may be surprised at how powerful Siri has become since its early days!
This book is a terrific resource. Here’s just a tiny sampling of what’s in this 138-page book:
- The numerous ways to activate Siri (by touch or by voice)
- How to personalize Siri by telling it about yourself, your contacts, and more
- How to use Siri with AirPods, wired earbuds, or third-party headphones–or in your car
- How to ask Siri about sports, math and conversions, time, food, movies, people, stocks, the weather, jokes, and random facts (including follow-up questions)
- How to control music (on any device, with or without an Apple Music subscription)
- Techniques for using Siri to get directions, set reminders and appointments, send messages and email, and take notes
- Ways to use Siri to search for files on your Mac
- What Siri can and can’t do for you on an Apple TV or HomePod
- How to make and use Siri Shortcuts on an iOS device or Apple Watch
- Everything you need to know about your privacy where Siri is involved
In addition, Scholle has made a series of videos to go with the book, showing you exactly what happens as you use Siri. (Two are ready right now, and eight more will be available in the coming days.) You’ll get to see and hear how to make the most of Siri (as well as its sense of humor).
Get Take Control of Siri now.