While you may use Apple Music just to listen to Beats 1 radio or to search for some of the latest hits and listen to them on repeat, the real advantage of this service is its ability to recommend music to you. Apple Music presents a variety of music in the For You section of iTunes or the iOS Music app. You’ll find both playlists and albums in For You, and you can listen to any of them, add them to your My Music library,
While Apple has not outlined exactly how this works, I suspect that it leverages Apple’s Genius technology, and takes into account the following:
- Music that’s in your iTunes library, or on your iOS device.
- Music you’ve purchased from the iTunes Store.
- Music you’ve added to your My Music library.
- Music you’ve listened to on Apple Music.
- And, music that you’ve told Apple Music that you like.
Here's an overview how to improve "For You" suggestions and help Apple Music understand what you like.
Read the rest of the article on the Mac Security Blog.