I’ve known Michael Cohen for many years, and he has worked with me on several of my Take Control books as editor or tech editor. He’s just released an update to his Take Control of Pages book, and if you use Pages, you really need to get this book. Calling it exhaustive would not be an exaggeration. Michael covers Pages on the Mac, on iOS, and on iCloud.com, and he covers pretty much every feature in that app.
I’ll let you read the publisher’s description, but, seriously, if you use Pages, you should buy Take Control of Pages.
Apple’s Pages word processor is a big, rich app with hundreds of features tucked away in nooks and crannies, making Michael E. Cohen’s comprehensive book an essential resource for newbies and experts alike. Whether you prefer to dive into the details or get quick help with a particular feature, this book has got you covered.
For this second edition, Michael expands his already extensive guide, detailing all the changes Apple has made to Pages since the last version of the book was released. Learn about new support for bookmarks, Web links, and Rich Text Format. Find out how you can now globally replace fonts, enter equations, and style tables and objects in your documents. Best of all, discover the possibilities for collaboration in real-time in Pages for Mac and Pages for iOS with iCloud!
With Michael’s help, you can navigate Pages like a pro. Learn how to:
- Find where the tools you need lie, whether on the Mac, in iOS, or in the Web app
- Do everyday word processing, including working with fonts, tabs, indents, rulers, search and replace, spell checking, and more
- Format longer, more complex documents, with customized headers, footers, page numbers, tables of content, footnotes, and section breaks
- Manage styles, including paragraph styles, character styles, list styles, and object styles
- Create your own templates, complete with master objects
- Master the many multi-touch gestures on iOS that give you pinpoint control over page elements
- Include complex tables and charts and make them look exactly the way you want
- Customize layout and manipulate graphics like a pro
- Collaborate with others in real time using iCloud
- Share your documents across devices, using Mac, iOS, or almost any Web browser