Amazon is having their Prime Day today; a big selection of sales. (Amazon.com, Amazon UK) There’s lots of stuff at low prices; some worthwhile, some not. I’ve picked a handful of items that I think are good deals, some on Amazon.com for my US readers, and some on Amazon UK for those in the country where I live. Note that you need to be an Amazon Prime member to benefit from these offers.
- Obviously, Amazon is touting its own devices today. The Kindle Paperwhite is on sale, with a discount of $30 or £30. It’s the best Kindle available. (Amazon.com, Amazon UK)
- The Kindle Voyage is also on sale. I own the Voyage, and it’s not that much better than the Paperwhite. It’s a bit slimmer, has auto-dimming, and has soft buttons to change pages on the sides of the device. The Paperwhite, at today’s price, is certainly a better deal, but if you do want the Voyage, you can save $50 today. (Amazon.com only.)
- The Amazon Echo is $50 off today. Only available in the US, I’m not really sure if this device is useful. Everyone I know who owns one really likes it. (Amazon.com) The smaller version of the device, the Amazon Tap, is also on sale, with a cut of $30. (Amazon.com)
- I had been thinking of buying Photoshop Elements for a while, to use with the great camera I bought last year. It’s on sale for £30 on Amazon UK (that’s less than half price), and will be on sale on Amazon.com later today (no price indicated yet). (Amazon.com, Amazon UK)
- There’s a ton of gadgets in the Electronics category. These are all short-term deals, launching five minutes past the hour throughout the day, lasting until they run out. I find this type of sale to be a great time to grab lightning cables, microphones, portable chargers, networking hardware, and all that other gear that you sometimes need to stock up on or to upgrade your existing accessories. (Amazon.com, Amazon UK)
- In the past, Amazon has had a number of classical music box sets in these sales, but I don’t see any today. However, there is a Grateful Dead recording at 2:05 pm in the UK: Red Rocks 7/8/78. A great show! (Amazon UK)
- I’m buying a Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay on-ear headphone. Okay, the discounted ones are green and silver, not the best colors, but these are well-rated, and have an inline mic and remote. (Amazon UK)
As you would expect, I have used my Amazon affiliate ID in the links above. I’ll get 6% of anything you spend, and it doesn’t cost you anything. So thanks in advance for buying through my links; it helps pay the bills here at Kirkville.